Tuesday 2 August 2011

Cocooned in Darkness by Leona DeRosa Bodie

Claude Pelletier has a bitter row with his wife, A relationship that has soured. Everything he held dear has turned to poison.  He storms off to his sailboat for some peace and quiet and awakens with the cold steel of a pistol pressed to his temple. Pelletier must despatch this would-be assassin and seek revenge on whoever wants him dead.

Cocooned in Darkness is a roller coaster ride of a short story. All action from start to finish and a tale that you can read in a single sitting. The author combines fast action with interesting and atmospheric descriptive writing as Claude battles his enemies, personal demons and all that Mother Nature can throw at him.  A great read that will have me looking out for more work by this author.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this review! I bet you'd like SHADOW CAY, a roller coaster of a novel. This thriller has won 4 literary awards.

    Thanks so much for reading "Cocooned in Darkness"!

    Leona Bodie
    www.leonabodie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the review Leona. I really enjoyed the story. I'll be sure to get a copy of Shadow Cay and will review it when I've read it.

    You have my blessing to use all or part of my review and/or my blog link anywhere you like if it helps.

    ReplyDelete