Thursday 3 November 2011

Manchester 6 by Col Bury



This is the first I have read of Col Bury’s writing and I was impressed from the start. Col has a knack for squeezing a lot of action into few words. Writers have a habit sometimes of not trusting a reader to make a logical leap during a story. Not so with Bury, he trusts you to follow his thought train without a huge neon arrow pointing the way. This is in a word refreshing. A great collection and I’m looking forward to a follow up title. I’ll say a few words about each of the stories and try my best not to give anything away.

Lucky Shit - A jobless guys has a run of good luck which you just know is going to end badly...

Fists of Destiny - A gripping and tense story. A tale that gives an idea of the kind of narrative we could expect from a novel by Bury. An excellently related piece of fiction and my favourite of the collection.

Mr Curly Top - A playful tale with a sense of humour to it.

Forum Of Fury - A stark reminder that all actions have consequences.

Snakes 'N' Ladders - An aptly titled revenge tale.

Gallance - An action packed story and a character I'd love to see again.

Download Manchester 6 for just 86p HERE

The Facebook page for Manchester 6 HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Daz! I wasn't expecting this. How damned decent of you, fella. Means a lot, coming from a fellow writer. Cheers!

    Regards,
    Col

    ReplyDelete